We adopt or design, build, own, operate and maintain electricity networks.
Whether you need infrastructure for a single connection, a multi utility network
for a whole development or high capacity data centre, we’ll provide you with a
competitively priced, professional and efficient service. Our investment model
can also significantly lower your capital cost.
SSE Utility Solutions now have over 130 out of area networks either fully built or
under construction. SSE has over 60 years of experience and expertise in this field
which demonstrates our ability to deliver projects in line with client expectations.
Design and Delivery
As one of the first companies to enter the competitive market for new electricity
networks and connections outside of our ‘DNO’ footprint, we have developed
extensive experience in design, delivery adoption and ownership of electricity
networks throughout the UK.
Depending on the size of the project SSE can provide significant investment into the
capital cost of the scheme with flexible terms.
- We guarantee standards of service and performance for end users connected to the network
- We regulate ‘rental charges’ for customers
- We provide open access for suppliers and generators to ‘use’ the network
- We offer freedom of choice of electricity supplier for customers
- We are backed by an award winning customer service team serving over 10
As an established Distribution Network Operator with more than 60 years experience
SSE can demonstrate successful delivery in areas of residential, retail and
Accredited & Licensed
- Licence Distribution Network Operator (LDNO) operating outside of our own
- Ofgem regulated allowing us to offer alternative solutions
- Fully NERS accredited
SSE Utility Solutions is a trading name of SSE Utility Solutions Limited which
is part of the SSE GroupThe Registered Office of SSE Utility Solutions
Limited is 55 Vastern Road Reading RG1 8BURegistered in England &
Wales No. 6894120 | www.sseutilitysolutions.com