We are a multi utility service provider with extensive experience and expertise in working with all domestic, retail and commercial industry sectors.
We work with developers in England, Scotland and Wales providing infrastructure solutions, carbon reduction and capital investment, from major electrical, gas and water infrastructure to extensive Heat networks.
SSE Utility Solutions is part of SSE the UK’s broadest based energy company delivering power to over 10 million customers across the UK.
SSE's purpose is to deliver the energy our customers need in a reliable and sustainable way.
SSE's strategy is to deliver sustained real growth through the efficient operation of, and investment in, a balanced range of regulated and non-regulated energy and utility businesses.
SSE's businesses include:
- Electricity and Gas Supply
- Electricity, Gas, Water and Telecoms Networks
- Heat and Renewable Energy
- Mechanical and Electrical Contracting
- Data Storage
Find out more about SSE
Our business growth
With a proven track record of effectively delivering diverse projects and services SSE Utility Solutions has been developing and maintaining the UK's infrastructure since 1999.
We now have over 130 'out of area' embedded electricity networks, from housing developments through to commercial and retail parks, schools and Data Centre’s.
We are firmly established as one of the country’s largest Independent Gas Transporters with over 130,000 connections sold. As part of our complete solution we will also adopt gas connections from as little as 3 plots.
We own the largest independent water company outside of the incumbent UK network, SSE Water. We now have 21 water inset licences contracted with more being added all the time.
Our Heat business now runs 6 district heating schemes throughout the UK with more to follow.
- IGT licence awarded 1997
- Founded as National Networks in 1999
- First new water company in 18 years, founded 2006
- Established as a Heat network provider
- Reached 100 ‘out of area’ electricity networks in 2010
- 75,000 gas connections beginning 2011
Our Commitment to you
By operating and maintaining networks in accordance with our licence conditions we guarantee you the highest levels of service and support. We also offer competitive prices with flexible payment terms. SSE's capital investment can significantly lower your development costs. End users are free to choose your electricity and gas suppliers so you can capitalise on national energy supply agreements where applicable.
- will work with you to ensure all work is delivered safely, on time and on budget
- work from your brief and provide technical advice where required
- value engineer your project driving down cost and time while maintaining quality
- provide significant investment towards development costs
- negotiate flexible methods of developer contributions to help ease any cash flow burdens
- plan the route from agreed points of connection to your development delivering the most cost effective solution
- give you a dedicated project manager who will be your single point of contact for all your networks and connections managing all aspects of network communication and delivery
- provide a solution that is tailored to your needs
- apply our impeccable green credentials to your project
- are NERS (National Electrical Registration Scheme) accredited
- set ourselves exacting standards of performance to ensure we maintain the quality of service you demand
As a major utility with many years experience building and operating public gas networks we are aware of the needs of developers. We understand the crucial importance of the customer's construction schedules and are wholly committed to ensure that new connections are installed on time and on budget.
Working with our clients, we establish mutually beneficial long-term relationships and invest in the installation and ongoing operation and maintenance of the site’s energy infrastructure.
Take a look at some of our projects.
SSE Utility Solutions operate a multi-utility service in all areas of England, Scotland* and Wales**
We are experts in designing and building new networks but can also adopt existing infrastructure. If you are the owner of existing LV/HV electricity network, or are an infrastructure provider looking for market leading asset values in electricity, gas, water or heat we can provide an attractive package to adopt, own and operate your asset.
Where possible, we will invest into your network significantly reducing your construction costs. As your network provider we manage all aspects of safety, communication and delivery through a single point of contact.
* Water inset licences are not available in Scotland.
** Electricity networks inside our DNO boundaries are delivered within licensed terms and conditions.
SSE Utility Solutions is a trading name of SSE Utility Solutions Limited which
is part of the SSE GroupThe Registered Office of SSE Utility Solutions
Limited is 55 Vastern Road Reading RG1 8BURegistered in England &
Wales No. 6894120 | www.sseutilitysolutions.com